Thursday, July 28, 2011

I recently moved back to my home town - Pittsburgh, PA- into a new house (which happens to be my family home that I’ve lived in for my entire life. If you remember back a few months my mother passed away suddenly, and my dad- who owns a business just didn’t have the time to keep up the house and we were in the market for a new one so we ended up just moving in here. The last time the house was decorated was well back into the 90’s by my mother, and basically when we moved in we took the good of each house and kept it, and tossed the rest. We ended up with a mish-mash of tastes and styles and I’ve like to give the house a spruce up, tying in all the different styles. For this, I’m starting with the living room, then hop-scotching through out the house finishing it room by room. (bathroom is next, its already been decided) but here are the “before” pictures… it’s a bit messy and the coffee table is pushed in front of the fireplace to keep the child out of it (because she’s obsessed with it). But you get the idea.



 
 
I’m going for this color pallet.
 
I plan on using the dark, muted teal color as an accent wall, the wall with the fire place, and the white-ish color on the other walls, I plan on removing all the wall decorations except for the quilt rack. The quilt on that rack was made by my great great grandmother on my mom’s side. It is made up of thousands (I swear) of yo-yos alls sewed together.
I’m keeping the furniture, I love it in its on weird outdated way, it just…. Works. I also like the color pallet on the cushions. It has a teals, tan, navy and rose color mish-mash, all of the colors from my color pallet happen to be in it.

So what do you all think, does this have a direction? Or is it just as bad as what I started with haha. Now, all I have to figure out is what kind of wall décor and mantle decorations I should go with…. And for that, I’ll definitely need some help. So there the mission for my readers, help me decorate!

1 comment: